Create a cute batik-style tote bag, apron or pillowcase using Elmer’s glue!
Please note, it takes up to three days to fully complete this project as you wait for
the glue and paint to dry, so you will need to come back to it from time to time.
- Plain fabric bag (you can also use an apron or pillowcase)
- Elmer’s Liquid Glue (Gel or White)
- Assorted colours of acrylic paint (watered down)
- Assorted sizes of paint brushes
- Time! This project may take a day at certain steps to fully dry (up to 3 days total)
Using your Elmer’s Liquid Glue, “draw” your design on your fabric.
Let glue dry completely. This may take a day.
Paint over the fabric and dried glue with watered down acrylic paint.
Let the paint dry. This may take a day.
Peel off the dried glue. It works best, if you have the time, to soak the fabric in warm
water for 15-30 minutes, then peel the glue.
Let your fabric dry. This may take some time as well.
Show off your fun and colourful design!